SDXL 0.9 was launched earlier this month and now we have a more powerful and versatile text-to-image generation model — SDXL 1.0, the latest release from Stability AI. SDXL 1.0 is the evolution of Stable Diffusion and the next frontier for generative AI for images. In this post, we will explore what makes SDXL 1.0 stand out from other image models and how you can use it to create stunning images with simple prompts.
What is SDXL 1.0?
SDXL 1.0 is the flagship image model from Stability AI and the best open model for image generation. It is capable of generating images with complex concepts in various art styles, including photorealism, at quality levels that exceed the best image models available today.
SDXL 1.0 requires only a few words to create complex, detailed, and aesthetically pleasing images. We no longer need to invoke qualifier terms like “masterpiece or award-winning” to get high-quality images. Furthermore, SDXL 1.0 can understand the differences between concepts like “The Red Square” (a famous place) vs a “red square” (a shape) according to the Stability AI’s blog. SDXL is getting smarter and better.
Where can you use SDXL 1.0?
You can use SDXL 1.0 in various ways depending on your needs and preferences:
- Night Cafe Studio — SDXL 1.0 is a PRO feature. You can generate 10 SDXL 1.0 images for free with a free plan. There are special presets for SDXL generation which can enhance your creations. I love Striking and Hyperreal.
- GetImg.AI — 100 credits for all users every month. Each SDXL 1.0 image cost 1 credit.
- Luccid.AI — This is one of my favorites — an amazing house design AI tool using SDXL 1.0, currently in alpha. You can generate beautiful house images for free during alpha.
- ClipDrop by Stability AI — You can create 400 SDXL 1.0 images with a watermark with a free plan. The waiting time is insane!
- Dream Studio — 100 credits upon sign-up, you can use the different styles in the generator to elevate the quality of your images.
Comparison between SDXL 1.0 and SDXL 0.9
Here are some examples of images generated by SDXL 1.0. I am using the same prompts in SDXL 0.9 to show you the differences. You can check out the previous post about SDXL 0.9 here.
I am using the same prompts for the images below.
Prompt: A woman in a fashion magazine photoshoot sitting on a Komodo dragon. fierce. calm. high fashion. hyperrealistic.
Prompt: A sloth, hyperrealistic, sipping pina colada by the pool. UHD.
The images made with SDXL 1.0 are more clean and more crisp. What do you think?
Examples of SDXL 1.0 outputs
Now, let us try simple and short prompts in SDXL 1.0.
Prompt — Crystalloid
Prompt: Man with neon purple hair
Prompt: Girl with a smile
SDXL 1.0 is the evolution of Stable Diffusion and the next frontier for generative AI for images. I love how a simple prompt can create great results and is capable of creating stunning images with complex concepts in various art styles, especially photorealism. SDXL 1.0 is definitely a game-changer. I love SDXL presets available in NightCafe Studio. And how easy to prompt a beautiful house design in Luccid.AI. Enhance style in Dream Studio produces stunning SDXL 1.0 images. Try them all and share what you create with me by tagging me on X.